You can connect your Decibel account to Google Data Studio to create reports based on your analytics data.
Follow the steps below to connect. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
- Go to the Decibel Google Data Studio connector page:
- On the connector page, click the "Authorize" button
- In the popup window that appears, select the Google account that you'll be using to create Google Data Studio reports
- After picking an account, you will see the following screen. Click the "Allow" button to continue
- After the popup window closes, the connector will ask you for a key.
You should insert your Decibel API key here, which you will find in your dashboard at the following URL:
Copy the key from the page above (it will look like this: "34269fc0-d92d-47a4-94a8-61c331cd9a6a"), and paste it in the data connector page.
Then, click the "Submit" button
- After the connector successfully validates your API key, click the "Connect" button
- The following screen will show you all of the fields that will be brought over from your Decibel account. Click the "Create Report" to continue
- Click the "Add to Report" button in the next window
- A new report will be created with the connector fetching data from your Decibel account. Change the Dimension, Metric and Sort values as needed.
You can also create other kinds of charts. Make sure to use the "Decibel Ads Analytics" data source to use data from your Decibel account.
- By default, Google Data Studio shows you data for the last month. To change this, click the "Add a control" button in the top toolbar, and select "Date range control" to add a control to your report
- As its name implies, the newly added date range control will let you control the date range for which analytics data is fetched from your Decibel account